Tuesday 19 February 2013

Intro

Cartoon Unemployed Man Searching For Jobs In The Newspaper Posters, Art PrintsSo my friend suggested I start a Blog and I thought why not? Its not like I don't have the time, in fact I have alllll the time these dayz. Yep, I'm as unemployed as unemployed can get. 

So the next step was to decide what to write about. "Hmmm." What in the world do I write about? Urrrrg!!!
Then I got this great idea of blogging about my experiences in my profession, sharing it with my fellow professionals and also allowing them to share their experiences with me. 
Did I hear somebody say BRILLIANT!!? LOL!!! 

 Yep and that's exactly what we are gonna do here, so all my Land Surveying and GIS peeps get ready to read, comment, discuss and of course do your share of writing as we work towards expanding our knowledge.

That said, lets start the writing. Since we're a bit fresh with this thing lets start with something simple, something we used to do each time we got a new lecturer: WHY DID YOU CHOOSE SURVEYING AND GIS?????????

I used to hate that goddamn question, got so annoyed at answering the same question at least twice every semester. But lets just do it for the last time, first time in writing. 

So since I started the uproar, I'll go ahead and share mine first. 

OK so believe it or not I just randomly chose Land Surveying from the UTECH prospectus. While in sixth form my friends and I were choosing courses from the 2 major unis. Although I didn't want to go to UWI I still chose and applied for Geology there. From Utech now, the choice was between SGIS and URP or maybe even Construction (but that was soon eliminated since I didn't do many of the prerequisites). I then researched the 2 main ones and realized that URP was too theoretical, little or no practical, so SGIS won, and I thereby applied. Now, would you believe seh the place weh mi nuh waa go (UWI ie) accep mi fusss!!!! So you kno seh mi get real nervous now cause mi a say bwoy although mi love Geo, mi nuh really waa deh inna no office 9:00am to 5:00pm . Cho man. But lo and behold UTECH accep mi and u couldnt find anada sombdy happier dan mi.
 Now its your turn, send in your experience, don't be shy. Write it anyhow u want, inna patois, english or spanish, lol. I'm waiting.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment